Your first day will start with privately guided walking tour in Tbilisi. You can learn about Georgia’s 1500 years old capital while strolling in its old town exploring Medieval churches ,caravanserais as well as Silk Road districts now housing different bars, restaurants and wine-cellars.
The tour will take you to St. Mary’s Church of Metechi-one of the most prominent landmarks on the city’s skyline, then we continue to the Old Sulphur Baths built on hot mineral springs before taking a gondola up to the city-castle.
After a morning full of history and sights, it is time to learn about Tbilisi cuisine. The afternoon will be spent with local culinary master who will host you on her traditionally decorated house and garden placed in peaceful and idyllic surroundings. Under her guidance you will prepare and taste a four-course menu using only local ingredients and follow traditional recipes:
- Welcome home-made bio wines from exclusive boutique wineries
- Cold appetizers: Egg-plant with walnuts, Stuffed tomatoes and cucumbers
- Soup: Yoghurt soup with dill
- Hot dish: Chakhokhbili(Stewed chicken with fresh herbs)
- Dessert: Gozinaki( confection with caramelized walnuts fried in honey)
After lunch we will enjoy a pleasant walk along Rustaveli Avenue-the main artery of this lovely and relaxed town before driving back to our hotel.
Our dinner will be held in a restaurant of the old caravanserai.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner